Brock Environmental Center Learning Series: Finishing the Job in VirginiaApril 22, 2019
Elizabeth River Project: Help Build a Living Shoreline in NorfolkApril 24, 2019
July 18, 2019 – July 19, 2019 all-day
|Resilient Virginia is pleased to announce their 2019 Conference Theme – Connecting Rural and Urban Communities across Virginia for a Resilient Future
This two-day conference will highlight the roles of Virginia’s rural and urban areas in addressing community challenges they face from increased disruption by extreme weather events, as well as national security risks, and on-going concerns related to economic and community health. In addition, they will provide participants the opportunity to engage in workshops that focus on in-depth learning on key resiliency topics.
Plenary Session speakers will highlight the roles of both urban and rural areas in creating innovative approaches to mitigate and adapt to climate and other natural and man-made risks, while addressing community economic, equity and health issues.
Breakout session speakers will address topics including:
- building design and neighborhood-level resilience;
- infrastructure adaptation to address sea level rise and flooding;
- financing of adaptation measures;
- community equity and health issues;
- ecosystem services’ role in environmental health and climate impact mitigation;
- resilient agriculture and forestry practices that combine profitable business models with adaptation strategies;
- healthy food availability; and
- clean and reliable energy futures.
Registration and additional information will be available April 30 at resilientvirginia.org